Personal Training & Group Fitness
Engaging in exercise is very important for wellbeing. Exercise does not have to involve hours slogging away on the treadmill or lifting enormous weights. The UK Government recommends to stay healthy adults between the ages of 19 and 64 should participate in
" least 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity such as cycling or fast walking every week, and strength exercises on two or more days a week that work all the major muscles (legs, hips, back, abdomen, chest, shoulders and arms)."
Personal training for small groups can be a fun, social, and cost-effective way to train and provide all the benefits of one to one training.
ONLINE ZOOM FITNESS CLASSES
Body Conditioning - a low impact class for all fitness levels working specifically on the all-important core muscles and balance.
"Challenging, made you think about your core all the way through... very knowledgeable and good options for exercises"
"The exercises weren't too hard but felt like they were really doing something. The teacher was nice and explained everything well"
MONDAYS 5 PM VIA ZOOM
£20 for 6 sessions. Call or message for details 07791683175
Family Circuits - a fun fitness class for all the family to join in. Each adult can bring with them up to 2 children. The class focuses on family relationships and wellbeing, agility, coordination, cardiovascular and strength fitness.
"Lots of activities, liked the stretching, different stations each week".
"We really liked the class, it was great to do it together. It was friendly and we both felt comfortable"
For Family Circuits you will need a minimum of four families and a suitable location. Each family pays £7. (A family is up to 4 individuals).
Ideal for birthday parties indoors and outdoors
Children developing their fitness, agility and strength
A parent having fun at Family Circuits
Counselling for Weight Loss
Dieting Doesn't Work!
1. Diets don't work because as soon as you return to your usual eating patterns and habits the weight will return.
2. Restricting calorie intake leads to cravings, tiredness, and lethargy. Your brain will decide that food is scarce, lower your metabolic rate which means your body will hang on to whatever fuel source is available i.e. fat, muscle. A lower metabolic rate will also burn fewer calories and slower making it even more difficult to lose weight.
3. A more healthy and permanent approach to weight loss is to adopt a
“healthy and balanced lifestyle”. This means eating regularly a healthy range of food types and not overeating. Regular exercise, sleep, and relaxation. A purpose.
HOW DOES COUNSELLING WORK?
1. It's not easy to change habits. Anyone who has smoked will know how difficult it is to stop. Anyone who has dieted will understand the temptations of their favorite but prohibited foods and hunger!
2. I can use Counselling, Cognitive Behavioural Techniques, and life coaching to help you understand your thinking styles, emotions, and behaviors that lead to an unbalanced lifestyle. These are often adopted throughout our childhood and even through adult experiences and they tend to stay with us sabotaging our efforts.
3. For example, you may have an underlying belief that you are not good enough (many of us do) It only takes someone to say something or those trousers from a different shop being slightly too tight (sizing differs shop to shop) to trigger an emotional slide and unhealthy behavior such as comfort eating to ruin your diet. Then the guilt and anger reinforce that belief “I'm not good enough, I can't even stick to a diet”
If this sounds like you I'm offering 6 x 1 hr weekly sessions for £240 which will include worksheets to help you learn about your blocks to permanent weight loss and discover new healthy thinking styles and behaviors.
Face to Face sessions available on Friday mornings at Yogaplace Abertawe.
Please call Lorna on 07791683175 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Other times are available for appointments please call for further information.
Fitness Qualifications & Experience
2017 - St Johns Ambulance Emergency First Aid for Sports
2017 - NCFE Level 3 Personal Trainer Diploma
2004 - Premier Glob al Certificate Of Exercise for Special Populations
1998 - YMCA FIT Level 2 Fitness Instructor
1994 -1998 YMCA Central London
1998 -2000 Holmes Place Health Clubs
2000 - 2004 Freelance Instructor
2004 - 2007 Missfit Health Club
2010 - current Cover Class Instructor Celtic Leisure
2015 - 2016 Freelance Insanity Instructor
2017 - Freelance class Instructor
Practitioner Member of the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport & Physical Activity.
" provides leadership, support and empowerment for
professionals working in sport and physical activity, and a single voice for the sector"
This membership offers recognision of professional exercise and fitness qualifications and status of the individual member.
Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity
SportPark Loughborough University, 3 Oakwood Drive
Loughborough, Leicestershire LE11 3QF
Tel: 01509 226474